The Manistee County Library
About The Manistee County Library
The Manistee County Library is located on the shores of Lake Michigan in the historic Victorian Port City of Manistee, Michigan. The main Manistee branch is a Carnegie Library that is listed on both the State and National Registers of Historical Buildings.
Manistee County Library was established in 1905 as a city library, and was merged in 1972 to become a county wide Library system. MCLS is a 6 branch public library system serving all of Michigan’s Manistee County and all residents of Michigan.
The Library's Mission
Empowered by the trust and support of our community, Manistee County Library sparks imagination, increases well being and social diversity, builds connections, and provides learning and fun to enhance the quality of life and enable greater success for everyone we encounter.
What The Manistee Library Offers
- Tens of thousands of books, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, magazines, music, video games and more
- Hotspots, Laptops, Blu-Ray/DVD Players, and an ever expanding Library of Things
- Your MCL Library Card allows you special access to online services and apps like Libby and Hoopla. Download select ebooks, audiobooks, and music – or stream movies and TV shows
- Michigan eLibrary (MeL) includes an Interlibrary Loan Service that allows you to order books that we might not have from libraries all over the state. You also have access to their vast eResources
- In-Library access to Ancestry, and other genealogy resources
- Access to the Manistee News Advocate online with Newsbank
- Copy and Fax Services, along with Mobile Cloud Printing
Free Wi-Fi at all 6 locations. We have desktop computers available for cardholders and visitors. Need the internet after hours? Free Wi-Fi is available in all library parking lots 24/7
- Our Library is proud to be Fine Free. This means that we only charge late fees on select materials like Technology items
- We offer a full range of programs and events for all ages. Visit the website to see our schedule and sign up for our monthly e-newsletter. Get our latest updates by following us on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube